Legal Leaders Scholarship
The Console & Hollawell $1,000 Legal Leaders Scholarship 2014 is available to students who are pursuing a career in law. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the following areas: pre-law, paralegal studies, or working towards their juris doctorate in any concentration of the law.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a full-time student attending (or planning to attend on a full-time basis) an accredited institution of higher education.
- Must demonstrate admission and plans to enroll, or proof of current enrollment in an accredited institution of higher education. *If you have not yet received your acceptance into college or law school, you may still apply, but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- A transcript reflecting the student’s current standing with a 3.0 GPA.
- Proof of admission and enrollment in an accredited institution of higher education.
- The Console & Hollawell Legal Leaders Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover these expenses.
All applicants must complete the provided Legal Leaders Application and submit a 500 word essay on how he or she intends to impact his or her community through the law.. All applicants must also include a valid transcript reflecting his or her current standing with a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and enrollment. Failure to include all required materials will result in immediate rejection of the application.
The Console & Hollawell Legal Leaders Scholarship recipient will be notified of the selection on or about August 15, 2014.
Console & Hollawell, P.C.
Attn: Jonathan Lister
525 Route 73 North, Suite 117
Marlton, NJ 08053
Click here to download the application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Send My Unofficial Transcript as proof of my 3.0 or higher Cumulative GPA?
Unfortunately, no. In this digital age it is too easy to alter unofficial transcripts, therefore we require that transcripts be the official records obtained from your school through the registrar.
Do I Need to Provide Proof of Acceptance and Proof of Enrollment?
You will need to provide one or the other where it is appropriate. For example, if you are an advancing senior (high school or college) then proof of acceptance would be appropriate to prove where your enrollment for the fall semester 2014. Please note: for matriculating seniors, we may request proof of enrollment in your college or university prior to disbursing scholarship funds. For all other applicants, proof of enrollment demonstrating that you’ll be a full-time student for the fall 2014 semester, is required. Failing to provide the necessary materials will disqualify your application.
What Counts as Proof of Enrollment?
By contacting your school’s registrar, you will be able to obtain documentation that proves enrollment. This official document needs to be from your school. We cannot accept copies of your class schedule as proof of enrollment.
Do I Need to be a Law Student to Apply?
The Legal Leaders Scholarship is open to students pursuing a degree in any area of the law, including those in law school, those pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre-law or paralegal studies. If you are unsure if your degree or program of study is applicable, don’t hesitate to contact us.